Sunday 17 May 2015

My New Planner DIY

My planner will end in July so I have started to make my new one for August through to December 2016. My inspiration was bright pastel colours and kikki k personal planners. If you didn't already know kikki k planners are on the pricey side so I decided that I would create my own.

Here is what you will need to create a planner like mine or even completely different.

also you will need a lot of different coloured paper in all different patterns and textures.

This was the book that I used, it is a Typo notebook with plain lined pages and three dividers spread through the book.

The book cover is layers of card paper glued together and shaped how I liked it. I planned to make the book with a clip closure and this is how, once I had made the cover I cut a hole in the cover where I wanted the clip and then inserted the clip closure and taped it on the inside cover before covering the taped areas with patterned paper.

This is the inside cover of my planner it has some pockets and spaces to put various stickers and inserts. I then covered the front cover of the book itself in paper and added a label with my name on it and some other cute stickers.


I then started to draw in the planner pages. although this takes a long time and it is pretty frustrating it is totally worth it in the end, and you can make each page to suit you.

I then added tabs for each month so the page was easy to find. To attach the book to the cover I wrapped a piece of card paper around the back cover of the book and then glued the paper to the cover, the book can come out if I need it to but it is still very stable and it won't go anywhere.

This is all I have done so far but I will update you when I do more work on it,
thank you for reading and I hope I gave you ideas or inspiration to create your own planner.
If you have any questions on how I made something please ask in the comments section and I will try to get back to you.
Bye Bye.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment feedback or ask any questions, I'd love to hear from you and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.